Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Return of the blogging...

Well...my blog is going to be put to use this semester again. I will be making reflections and what not about my differentiation class. I'm super excited to take this class and hope to learn a lot from it. I am starting my senior year, which means my this time next year I will be a FOR REAL TEACHER! Woohoo!! Exciting stuff! If I can just survive this one last semester I think I'll be good. So here it goes... :)

Reflection: Dr. Anderson posted a picture of wild flowers and asked how this could compare to a classroom.  At first class into a classroom, you may think that each student looks a like and thinks alike. However, as we examine each student more closely, we notice that there are many difference to each one. Each child is it's own unique character who needs things catered specifically to them. Each student is not on the same learning level, nor do they learn the same way. It is our job as educators to look more closely at each child and determine where they are at academically and determine what we need to do to help them be successful in their education. A field of wild flowers may appear to be beautiful and functional at a glance, but one must investigate further to see what each flower needs, the same goes for the classroom full of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment