Sunday, September 12, 2010

Creating Community

I absolutely loved Sylvia Allen's class about morning meetings.  It made me so excited to start my own classroom where I can implement this.  The idea of having morning meetings is such a great way to build community in the classroom. Having a sense of community can do wonders for students.  It creates a safe environment where students have a sense of belonging and confidence.  If the students feel safe then their learning will improve.  If  a child feels threatened then their desire to learn shuts off.  Not only will the students feel safe with their teachers, they will feel comfortable and safe with their peers.  I have a feeling that morning meeting will be something that will make my classroom a fabulous place to foster learning and create community.  I can't wait to be a teacher!

1 comment: